Return of The Bump: 15 weeks pregnant

Today I am 15 weeks and  pregnant  (plus 4 days) with baby number 4.

return of the bump 15 weeks ~ ghostwritermummy.co.uk

Its not been an easy week as far as the sickness goes. Apparently I am no longer able to sleep much past 4am and that’s playing havoc on the sickness and nausea. I’m back up to the full dose of meds to try and keep it all together through the week. Meanwhile, my body is crying out for healthy food and exercise, so who am I to argue? I’m more than a little obsessed with fruit smoothies (raspberry, grape, blueberry and strawberry with cherry juice is the current favourite) and I can’t seem to get enough vegetables either. I discovered courgette tagliatelle and its become apparent that cutting carbs after lunch is the way forward for me at the moment. I say carbs, of course I mean pasta, bread etc. I can’t do without my fruit and veg. Eating better is helping, resting helps even more- but that’s not possible through the week. So battle on I must.

This week the poppy seed has been promoted to the size of an orange (no wonder I’m feeling more movement this week!) and not only are ears moving to the sides of the head, but eyes are moving to the front too. Fingers and toes are wiggling- no doubt in time to the constant barrage of songs from the Frozen soundtrack.

And I am plodding on. Veering wildly from feeling full of energy and wanting to race around the house with a hoover, mow all the lawns in the world and complete 60 minutes of pre-natal pilates. Of course, once I’ve done that I’m fit for nothing and ready to burst into tears at the drop of a hat. Pregnancy hormones have SO much to answer for.

Today we received the results of our nuchal fold testing and we’ve been deemed low risk for Down’s Syndrome so no further action is necessary. One more box to tick on this road to baby number 4.

We’re trying to keep the kids involved and enthused and the two eldest are beyond themselves when we talk about names and bedrooms and new cars. The Toddler? She’s ignoring us in the way that only a two year old can. And I don’t blame her one little bit.

And me? I’m sick. I’m tired. I’m all over the place emotionally. But I’m holding on.

return of the bump 15 weeks ~ ghostwritermummy.co.uk

May 23, 2014 / 10:56 am

Thanks lovely, I am praying for the day it passes to come soon!! I will be able to rest now that my husband is home for a week 🙂

May 23, 2014 / 10:56 am

1. kendel@houseofthreemonkeys
    May 22, 2014 / 7:33 pm

I remember how hard it was with a 1 and 3 year old when pregnant but it was easy in terms of no sickness and no pains so to have three other children and sickness added it the mix it must be exhasuting try to take it easy as much as possible.

PS love the bump picture

Kendel x

May 23, 2014 / 10:56 am

Ah thank you. My husband is home for a week now so I plan to make the most of it and rest while I can!

2. May 22, 2014 / 8:46 pm

I’m sorry the sickness isn’t any better. Mine went away for the most part but the last week of bronchitis has seen it’s return with a vengeance. Keep going with the fruit and veg as that’s never a bad thing. 🙂
    Katie @ A Mother Thing recently posted..Pregnancy Diary – 15 WeeksMy Profile

May 23, 2014 / 10:55 am

Oh Katie, you really are having a rough time of it all. I’m so sorry the bronchitis has brought back the sickness too! Yuk 🙁
      x x x

3. May 22, 2014 / 9:36 pm

Oh I’m sorry you’re still being plagued by sickness. On the plus side you can still see your feet – and all those fruit and veggies sound good!
    Carie recently posted..On being high risk {Little Bump and Me}My Profile

May 23, 2014 / 10:54 am

haha yes there is always a silver lining isn’t there? Wish I had nice feet though… 😀

4. May 23, 2014 / 9:57 am

Sickness is no fun, but I’m glad to hear you’re not feeling that way ALL the time. I felt bloody awful for the first 12 weeks but luckily it passed after that. I’ve also found a craving for healthy food this time around and have really cut down on bread and pasta too. It just bloats me out and makes me feel sluggish. Tomatoes are my current addiction. Vita Coco coconut water is another thing I can’t seem to get enough of! Thank you so much for linking up again to the #BlogBumpClub. Here’s hoping the nausea passes soon! xx
    Molly recently posted..The Blogger Bump Club Week 2 #BlogBumpClubMy Profile

May 23, 2014 / 10:51 am

I don’t know what I’d do without the medication to be honest! Its funny how previously I’ve eaten what I’ve liked in pregnancy and never thought twice but this time around being ill has made me think about everything I eat. So glad you’re feeling better too

May 23, 2014 / 10:50 am

Haha I think that day is coming sooner than I expected! I feel huge at the moment!

5. May 23, 2014 / 12:54 pm

I’m amazed at your healthy resolve! So many people just turn to packets of hobnobs to beat off pregnancy sickness and exhaustion – I’m not surprised you can still see your feet at all! Enjoy the bank holiday weekend!
    Vanessa Holburn recently posted..Mummy likes to horse aboutMy Profile

May 23, 2014 / 1:52 pm

Oh bless you! Believe me, I’ve tried the hobnobs and all the rest of it. Everything makes me sick apart from healthy food so I think my body is trying to tell me something!!
      xx

May 23, 2014 / 6:37 pm

Thanks, me too

6. May 23, 2014 / 6:02 pm

It’s really tough feeling sick all the time! Hope it improves for you soon! I did have to laugh at the size reference – What to Expect? I don’t think I’ll ever look at some fruit and veg the same after that book!
    Erin recently posted..WIN £20 to Spend at ScentedCandleShop.comMy Profile

May 23, 2014 / 6:37 pm

Haha yep! I have the app 😀

May 24, 2014 / 7:49 am

Its hard to believe the size of it actually! Thanks for the well wishes, I also hope it eases soon!

7. May 23, 2014 / 9:53 pm

Wow it is so easy with the first just going to bed when you’re sick and tired but very impressed with your smoothies. All I craved was raisin items-scones, teacakes etc. Big ginger-containing hugs your way. Hope you feel better soon.
    Emma Lander recently posted..Word of the Week-OutsideMy Profile

May 24, 2014 / 7:51 am

It is! And I never did as I had no sickness at all with my first (girl). I was very sick with my 2nd (boy) and teaching full time so had lots of time of work in that pregnancy and started mat leave very early. No sickness to speak of with my 3rd (girl) and this time BAM! It is like nothing I’ve experienced before. Thank you for the ginger hugs
      x x x

8. May 23, 2014 / 11:48 pm

I hope you can some really good consistent sleep soon. It sounds really hard with the nausea. Really weirdly, ice pops kept me going through all the nausea (that and lamp chips! Not sure why). Sending you anti nausea vibes xx

May 24, 2014 / 7:51 am

I think sleep is the one thing I really need to make an improvement. Hoping new meds might make a difference soon too

May 25, 2014 / 9:57 am

Ah thank you
      x xx

9. May 25, 2014 / 12:58 am

These first few weeks with hormones all over the place, tiredness and sickness are not easy, especially with three other little ones at home. I hope you feel better soon. Mel
    Mel recently posted..Birth PlanMy Profile

May 25, 2014 / 9:56 am

Thanks, me too.
      x xx

10. May 26, 2014 / 8:58 pm

You’re doing so well eating healthily. I’ve really yo-yoed with the healthiness this time. But recent indigestion is preventing me stuffing my face at the moment, which is probably a good thing! The courgette tagliatelle sounds lovely though. Fingers crossed the nausea levels out at 20 weeks… x
    Amy Ransom recently posted..The monotony of Motherhood…My Profile

May 27, 2014 / 8:03 am

I’ve had a bad week but so far the last day or so has been ok. Eating well definitely makes a difference, if only to my mind!

11. December 16, 2016 / 7:32 pm

Caillng all cars, calling all cars, we’re ready to make a deal.