Return of The Bump: 20 weeks (and the anomaly scan)

Apologies for yesterday’s panicked ramblings. Today I am 20 weeks and 6 days pregnant and yesterday we had our anomaly scan. The poppy seed is still with us! The heart is beating strongly and we have one cheeky, awkward monkey on our hands. Again! May I present, baby number four at 20 weeks 5 days:

return of the bump_ the anomaly scan

Complete with pout (runs in the family) and legs over the head (I only wish I could do that!). This little poppy seed put us through our paces yesterday! If you read my mess of thoughts in this post, you’ll know that I was quite nervous about this scan. I still can’t really explain it. I just wanted everything to be ok. And it was. Eventually.

The poppyseed was in a really awkward position, with legs stretched right over the head, and it was not in the mood for moving. I was asked to lie on one side, and then the next, and after 45 minutes I was asked to go to the loo to see if it moved a little. If not, I was going to have to re-book! Luckily, the scan was completed (baby moved a little, and showed off a bit by grabbing its feet) but it took well over an hour to get all of the measurements down. And the result? All is well. As it should be. And the placenta is right at the top (perfect position for a VBAC delivery) and slightly towards the front, which explains why I’m not feeling much movement at the moment. Phew!

This week the poppy seed is the size of a mango, and there are days where I look as though I have a water-melon stuffed down my top! My bump is certainly rounding out now, as it should be, and I am feeling more and more pregnant with each day that passes. If the poppyseed is a girl, her uterus will now be fully formed, and filled with around 7 million eggs. If it’s a boy, the testicles will have begun their descent from the abdomen to the scrotum. And as for me? I’m supposed to be experiencing thicker, more healthy hair and nails, and my skin is supposed to be glowing around now. I guess so. I’m feeling a lot better than I have in a long time, and that can only be a good thing.

And so we’re half way there. 20 weeks down, 20 more to go…

return of the bump_ 20 weeks~ Ghostwritermummy.co.uk

Mother's Always Right

1. June 28, 2014 / 3:19 pm

Happy Half Way Through. So glad everything went well – despite poppy seed not playing ball! Here is to a healthy 20 more weeks x
    Emma Edwards recently posted..Car Ramp PaintingMy Profile

June 28, 2014 / 3:42 pm

Thanks lovely
      x x x

2. June 28, 2014 / 6:16 pm

Plancenta was at front with my eldest and I hardly felt much. Oh and I can still put my legs behind my head. Glad all is OK and scan went well
    thisdayilove recently posted..Help with starting upMy Profile

June 28, 2014 / 7:41 pm

Haha now I can only picture you with your legs behind your head! πŸ˜€

3. June 28, 2014 / 10:28 pm

I’m so glad everything is ok πŸ™‚ Less than half your pregnancy left, how exciting! x
    Donna recently posted..Strawberry JamMy Profile

4. June 29, 2014 / 10:10 am

So pleased everything is ok. Big hugs x

5. June 29, 2014 / 3:37 pm

Glad everything went well. How exciting you’re more than half way through now πŸ™‚ xx

June 30, 2014 / 6:08 am

Ah thank you. SO hard to believe its half way through already!

6. June 29, 2014 / 11:06 pm

Yay – I’m so pleased everything went well. My bump has a habit of feet over the head too – it definitely makes for interesting scans!
    Carie recently posted..Al fresco bath timeMy Profile

June 30, 2014 / 6:07 am

Haha awkward, eh?!

June 30, 2014 / 8:43 pm

Thanks lovely, such a relief knowing all is well!
      x

7. June 30, 2014 / 9:46 am

Ah congrats Susanne! I’m always nervous too but don’t realise until afterwards. Glad all is looking good and I admire you for going for what you want. Also lovely you haven’t found out unless you have and aren’t telling…

39 weeks here. Odd week last week but feeling more relaxed this week and not thinking about when it might come x
    Amy Ransom recently posted..β€˜Do you have a birth plan?’My Profile

June 30, 2014 / 8:43 pm

We’re having a surprise πŸ™‚ And yes. I am so excited about the prospect of a VBAC… hoping all remains well on that front! I cannot believe you are 39 weeks! Where did the time go?! x

June 30, 2014 / 8:31 pm

Hah me too. Thank you x x

July 1, 2014 / 2:02 pm

Yep! I have to admit to feeling very sick once we were done- hoping the growth scans are not as lengthy!!
      x x x

July 2, 2014 / 4:51 pm

Ah thank you πŸ™‚

8. July 2, 2014 / 8:23 am

Aww very glad to hear all is well though wow he/she really did keep you guessing, that took ages! I think my babies must both be posers as they’ve always been very obliging in their scans πŸ™‚ Such a weight off to know all is ok though isn’t it? Phew! Glad to hear you are feeling better, I hope it stays that way for you! xx #sharewithme
    Caroline (Becoming a SAHM) recently posted..22 weeks Bump update & my first Aquanatal Yoga Class!My Profile

July 2, 2014 / 4:51 pm

Thank you! Yes, I agree he/ she really did keep us guessing!! Awkward, just like the rest of them! πŸ˜€
      xx

9. July 2, 2014 / 9:08 am

Half way congratulations!!! Sorry you had a stressful time at the scan, you must be relieved to know everything is well!!! X
    Seychellesmama recently posted..12 months oldMy Profile

July 2, 2014 / 4:50 pm

Thank you! It really is a relief, hoping the rest of the growth scans go a little more smoothly πŸ˜‰

10. July 2, 2014 / 10:15 am

Beautiful scan photo – glad that all was well at your scan and hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well πŸ™‚
    Louise recently posted..A ban on mummy milkMy Profile

July 2, 2014 / 4:50 pm

x

11. July 2, 2014 / 10:28 am

So pleased to hear all is well, you’ll be announcing your new addition before we know it! Looking fab too xx #sharewithme
    mummytries recently posted..Thrifty Tips For JulyMy Profile

July 2, 2014 / 4:49 pm

I know, I have a feeling its going to go so fast!

12. July 2, 2014 / 3:06 pm

So happy to hear that all is well with the bump. Can’t believe you’re half way there already!
    Izzie Anderton recently posted..Moving OutMy Profile

July 2, 2014 / 4:49 pm

I know!! Seems to be flying at last!

13. July 2, 2014 / 4:34 pm

Half way there so exciting! You look amazing too! Glad all is well with your scan and baby. So happy for you and the next 20 weeks will fly by and I can’t wait to read all about your new addition to the family. Eeek makes me want another baby!!! lol Thanks for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme
    Jenny recently posted..Share With Me ~ wk 22My Profile

July 2, 2014 / 4:47 pm

Wow you are good- commenting whilst away! Go and put your feet up! πŸ˜€

14. Fiona napthine
    July 2, 2014 / 7:57 pm

Good luck with the next 20 weeks! You are looking fantasy even though I know you are not always feeling it. Thinking of you x

• Fiona napthine
      July 2, 2014 / 7:58 pm

I meant to say fantastic!!!

July 3, 2014 / 6:15 am

Haha thanks lovely

15. July 2, 2014 / 8:35 pm

Loving the pout! He/she is practising already for future selfies! Glad all went well… Bet the poppy seed is now much bigger than a seed. Your bump looks so neat! X

July 3, 2014 / 6:14 am

Yes the pout is awesome isn’t it?! x x x

16. July 3, 2014 / 12:36 pm

Just read your earlier post too, I’m glad everything was ok. It can be nerve-wrecking and I didn’t find it any easier with our second babies, we had to have scans every two weeks and I got so nervous everytime. We had a bit of a risky period with the twins andI had to go to have a scan with a specialist and I cried when she told me everything was alight, much to my horror! I’m sure most of it is hormonal. Glad you are feeling better now and it’s a great scan photo! xx
    Hayley @hayleyfromhome recently posted..Multiple MamaMy Profile

July 4, 2014 / 2:06 pm

Gosh fortnightly scans would leave me a nervous wreck! Glad all was well with you in the end

July 4, 2014 / 2:05 pm

I attempted a VBAC with my son but unfortunately ended up with an emergency section. I’m hoping things will turn out differently this time but I’m keeping an open mind!

17. July 3, 2014 / 10:30 pm

Reading this actually makes me miss pregnancy (only a very tiny bit though πŸ™‚ ) – feeling your little bump wriggling around is really quite special. The stomping on your bladder, not so much! Enjoy that second trimester though – it will be over in a flash! X #sharewithme
    Sam @ And then the fun began… recently posted..H is for…Hands #alphabetphotoMy Profile

July 4, 2014 / 2:05 pm

I’ve yet to feel that stomping on the bladder… can’t wait!

July 4, 2014 / 2:04 pm

July 5, 2014 / 6:30 pm

I think I definitely have! x

July 10, 2014 / 6:13 am

Yep, well and truly! πŸ˜€

18. July 9, 2014 / 7:23 pm

So glad all went well. I had placenta at the front with Dylan and didn’t realise how little I felt until it was at the back second time round. Hope everything goes smoothly for the next 20 weeks x
    Bex @ The Mummy Adventure recently posted..An Adventure at Whitstable BeachMy Profile

July 10, 2014 / 6:15 am

Thank you! I am guessing that all of mine have been at the back so far as I’ve never noticed lack of movements like this before. Glad to know that all is well πŸ™‚ x x x