Return of the Bump: 21 weeks (and some goodies from Mustela UK)

Today I am 21 weeks and 5 days pregnant with the poppy seed, baby number four. It’s not been an easy week I’m afraid, and if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you’ll know this only too well. I’ve not been well this week and the nausea has been creeping back in too. With Ghostwriterdaddy away too, I’ve struggled with much of what life has thrown at me this week. But that’s another post; I need to vent, but not here!

This week I’m pushing the nasties to one side and focusing on some goodies I was sent to try from Mustela UK. I’d not heard of this company before (they’re originally from France andΒ branching out in the UK) but the sound of the sensory bubble bath and their 9 Months prenatal range certainly caught my attention. I was sent a few samples to try, but the main products I’ve been loving are the Stretch mark oil, the Sensory bubble bath and the Hydra Bebe body lotion.

mustela stretch mark oilA word on stretch marks. They’re going to happen, probably. I made it to 41 weeks in my first pregnancy without a single mark, and then a couple popped up before The Big One arrived at 42+1. Two and half pregnancies later and I still only have the two from that first pregnancy, but that’s not to say they may not still appear. The stretch mark oil is designed to soften skin and to help to soothe the itches that occurs as the belly grows. It’s also great for previous c-section scars that also tend to have an itch of their own sometimes. What I love about this oil, aside from the way it absorbs really quickly and smells lush, is the fact that its a spray bottle. A small thing, but I’ve wasted a fortune in the past with clumsy hands and have ended up resembling a basted turkey rather than a gently moisturised pregnant woman. So the spray bottle is a winner and you don’t spill anything. It’s also worth mentioning that my skin is still super soft at the end of the day too, proving that the oil is working on the skin right up to the end.

The same goes with the body lotion. I’ve developed small patches of eczema since I became pregnant (I’m prone to dry skin at times, and it seems the poppyseed is sucking all moisture from my body right now) and so this lotionmustela body lotion has been a very welcome addition indeed. It too smells delicious and yes, I am not waiting for baby to arrive. I’m using this on myself and seeing great results. especially on the knees and elbows.

And the Sensory bubble bath? I’ll let you know when I get five minutes to myself shall I? The kids like it though.

I was actually rather thrilled to be asked to review the stuff from Mustela because it isn’t very often that I actually get to spend a little time on me. I’m trying to change that. But spending just five minutes on a quick bump massage in the morning is really lovely, and if it keep stretch marks at bay too I’ll take it.

This week the poppy seed is the size of a banana, growing all the time so you can only imagine how my belly is stretching! Apparently the poppy seed can now taste whatever I eat, and while I am still trying to eat really well I have to admit to a serious lack of appetite lately. It could have a lot to do with the sickness and being ill this week, but I can’t help feeling sorry for that little poppy seed! I promise to do better. Baby’s digestive system is developing and he/ she is also swallowing a fair amount of amniotic fluid too. And I’m feeling a lot more movement these days too, which is really lovely.

And me? I’m tired. Exhausted some days. I am not really suffering otherwise though. Pilates and swimming is keeping me active and the usual back ache at the end of the day has yet to rear it’s head. That can only be a good thing! Now excuse me, I need to sleep…

Return of the bump_ 21 weeks~ Ghostwritermummy.co.uk

Mother's Always Right
Share:

1. July 4, 2014 / 6:36 pm

Aww I love your bump – and your dress is gorgeous too. I have terrible stretchmarks – lots and lots of little ones, and I tried moisturising – but I suppose some skin is more prone to them. I just treat them like my little baby-making scars, so it’s all cool with me. You’re over half way there now lovely – plenty of rest if you can – but of course you know that anyway! x
    Kerrie McGiveron recently posted..A New BABY ON BOARD Sign…My Profile

July 5, 2014 / 6:30 pm

Ah thank you! My mum has had 4 children and has NO stretch marks at all, so I think I may have inherited some of her genes. I know its luck of the draw mainly but I do tend to see stretch marks as tiger stripes more than anything to be ashamed of x x

2. July 4, 2014 / 6:51 pm

I love the sound of these – four children (3 sections) have left me with one stretch mark but the itch still happens.

PS your bump is adorable!

July 5, 2014 / 6:29 pm

Ah thank you! I’ve had 3 sections too and that scar does itch doesn’t it?! x

3. July 4, 2014 / 7:32 pm

Must be so hard with the nausea and not being able to rest. I hope the coming weeks are much much better and you manage to get some well needed rest x. That spray sounds good. I have loads of stretch marks which have faded over time but still have a few. I used to constantly resemble the basted look πŸ™‚
    Notmyyearoff recently posted..The Secrets Behind A Stress-free Family Holiday With Grandparents And KidsMy Profile

July 5, 2014 / 6:29 pm

Haha basted turkey is a common theme for pregnant women I think! This week has been awful, hit for six with a cold and husband away all week- not good. Short London week next week so hoping to catch up a little x

4. July 4, 2014 / 7:43 pm

Those sound like some lovely products. It is nice you get a chance to review them. I swore I would be good about oiling up my belly for both pregnancies but didn’t do it as much as I meant to.. this way with reviewing you’ll make sure to take some time for yourself each day!
    Erin recently posted..10 Reasons We Love St. Helen’s Farm Goats’ Milk ProductsMy Profile

July 5, 2014 / 6:28 pm

Yes, I do think that if I wasn’t reviewing them I probably would have forgotten to keep it up by now!

July 6, 2014 / 4:41 pm

I hope so πŸ™‚

July 6, 2014 / 4:41 pm

It certainly can’t hurt, its amazingly soothing for my section scar

5. July 6, 2014 / 9:08 pm

I’ve never heard of Mestala but those products sound amazing. You’re right, it’s SO nice to spend a little time on yourself. That’s one of the things I’ve loved about being pregnant this time around – it’s forced me to be kinder to myself and take the time for a bath or an early night and pampering with some nice cream etc. And to actually get out of the house to two weekly antenatal exercise classes (aquafit and yoga), which are just blissful! I really hope you’re feeling better now and managing again. It’s horrible when things get away from you and everything all feels too much. Thank you for linking up to #BlogBumpClub again. Can’t believe we’ve been going 8 weeks already and two babies in the group born this weekend! xx
    Molly recently posted..Blogger Bump Club Week 8 #BlogBumpClubMy Profile

July 7, 2014 / 6:12 am

I am starting to feel better, and you’re right- taking that time for yourself is important. I wouldn’t swap my pilates and swimming for the world. Being so poorly this week has meant no swimming and its killed me! And yes, so exciting that we have two blog club babies now!! x x x

6. July 7, 2014 / 12:34 pm

Oh I remember getting the first stretch mark well, that was more or less on Boo’s due date, and it appeared in all its ugliness without any warning and I cried as they appeared daily until he arrived.. But they do fade..this time I’m getting them higher up which is making me sad πŸ™ but happy πŸ™‚ as it’s like a map of life – what I have done (becoming a Mummy) is stamped onto my tummy forever! πŸ˜‰ Love your bump it’s cute xx

July 7, 2014 / 7:48 pm

It is a map of life. I love that saying. To be fair they really don’t bother me at all x x

7. Ruledbylittleones
    July 7, 2014 / 8:08 pm

They look like some great goodies and hope you are feeling better soon!
    Love your bump by the way πŸ™‚

July 8, 2014 / 10:24 am

Ah thank you so much x x x