Return of The Bump: 22 weeks

Today I am 22 weeks and 5 days pregnant with baby number 4. It’s been such a better week health wise, and emotionally I’ve coped a lot better too. Ghostwriterdaddy was only away for two days this week and it’s surprising what a difference that makes. There are still days where I think I’d like to just stay in bed (where is that second trimester energy I remember so fondly?) and times where tears spring to my eyes for no reason too. Hormones. What’s the point?

This week I’ve really noticed the poppyseed making definite movements- at last! At the 20 week scan we discovered that my placenta is anterior, which means that most of the baby’s kicks are cushioned somewhat. So, knowing this, I know that I won’t necessarily feel all the kicks as much just yet. But that doesn’t stop me wondering and worrying. Thank you so much to everyone that took the time to reassure me this week!

Right now the poppyseed (according to What to Expect) is the size of a spaghetti squash. Um. No idea. You can’t get them here in the UK. So in a bid to find a suitable comparison… let’s say the poppyseed is the size of a papya. Nope, still not sure how big that is. Let’s say a corn on the cob. Yes, really. It’s around 8 inches long and weighs approximately 1lb. Wow. Loving the fruit and veg comparisons actually. The baby now has eyebrows and eyelashes and may even have hair on the head. The baby can perceive light and dark. Can hear my voice. My heartbeat. My stomach gurgling. Life going on outside and inside of me. Life.

And as the baby grows, so do I. This week’s bump photo amazed me in truth. I wasn’t prepared to look so… pregnant. But I do. It’s true.

return of the bump 22 weeks~ Ghostwritermummy.co.uk

Mother's Always Right
Share:

1. July 11, 2014 / 9:06 pm

You look beautiful and blooming. 🙂 Glad things are somewhat better this week. A good attitude goes a long way, and you are a lovely positive person.

Hopefully you’ll soon feel stronger baby kicks penetrating that placenta. 🙂
    Katie @ A Mother Thing recently posted..Siblings – JulyMy Profile

July 13, 2014 / 6:26 pm

Ah thank you lovely lady. The kicks are getting stronger every day thankfully! x x x

2. July 11, 2014 / 9:08 pm

Beautiful bump! And as a fellow anterior placenta mum-to-be I can totally relate to what you mean re. movement. I felt movement much earlier with this baby than with F, but then I would have days where I didn’t feel as much and I would worry. Now I’m 28 weeks I’m much bigger and – despite the sonographer saying I may not feel as much movement – I have felt more than ever. In fact, I’ve actually seen my whole stomach moving, as the baby has a wriggle and my tummy does that weird “Is there an alien inside your belly?” thing! I had this with F right at the end but definitely not this early on. And I didn’t have an anterior placenta with her! Anyway, I’m glad you’re feeling much better. Long may it last and long may those pesky hormones behave themselves. I found myself sobbing at the new Eminem song on the radio the other day. Tragic! x
    Molly recently posted..One year in Devon or, “Things turn out OK in the end”My Profile

July 13, 2014 / 6:28 pm

Haha I haven’t heard the song but I did cry at a car advert the other day… :-/ Yep I am feeling more movement now, which is a huge relief. These babies do like to keep us on our toes don’t they?! x x

3. July 11, 2014 / 9:44 pm

You are looking lovely! Bump has definitely grown this week. Placenta was anterior with my eldest so I can relate to how you feel about movements.
    thisdayilove recently posted..First Day at School [a taster]My Profile

July 13, 2014 / 6:28 pm

Ah so many are telling me they have the same with the placenta, so glad its not just me! 4th pregnancy and it seems I know nothing at all! x x x

July 13, 2014 / 6:29 pm

Ah thank you lovely. Those hormones have a lot to answer for, eh? x x

July 12, 2014 / 12:12 pm

Yep! Such a relief too! X x

4. July 11, 2014 / 10:21 pm

You have such a lovely bump. I remember the spaghetti squash week too and I didn’t have a clue either! x
    Donna recently posted..F is for FunMy Profile

July 12, 2014 / 12:11 pm

Haha glad it’s not just me- thought I must be too unworldly!! X x

July 12, 2014 / 12:09 pm

Ah thank you 🙂
      X x

July 12, 2014 / 12:08 pm

It really does. Next week he is away from Sunday til Thursday so I need to stay positive!!! X x x

July 12, 2014 / 12:08 pm

Ah thanks lovely. Things are definitely looking up this week, it’s such a relief! X x x

July 13, 2014 / 6:23 pm

Haha now that’s one comparison chart I’d like to see in the books! 😀

5. July 12, 2014 / 9:27 pm

You look beautiful hun! and I had anterior placentas with both my children and it definitely cushion those movements. All those movements that everyone gets earlier in their pregnancy, you get later but try to be reassured that its completely normal and if you are ever worried, just get yourself checked out xx
    Christina recently posted..Dear L – 2 months oldMy Profile

July 13, 2014 / 6:22 pm

Thank you, I am feeling a lot more than I was and you’re right- I guess it is never silly to go and get checked out x x x

6. July 13, 2014 / 10:40 am

I am getting really broody now. I miss having a baby moving inside me…I am afraid I am too old and too fat to have another 🙁
    Goodluck with the rest of the pregnancy the the birth!
    Otilia recently posted..Homemade Chocolate for little handsMy Profile

July 13, 2014 / 6:22 pm

Ah I do know what you mean, it really is a special feeling when they move inside isn’t it? And never say never missus! x x

July 18, 2014 / 9:45 am

Ah thanks lovely 🙂 And I’m glad its not just me with the spaghetti squash confusion!
      x

July 18, 2014 / 9:44 am

Haha still haven’t been able to google a picture of one either!! The dress is from TK Maxx- non maternity but lovely and stretchy 🙂 x x