Bella’s #BalloonTime birthday

Last week Bella turned three years old!

Our weekend was filled with princesses, laughter and balloons. What better way to celebrate?

This was the first birthday that Bella really understood. Since The Big One turned ten just a few days before Elsie arrived, she has been waiting for her turn. Her party. After Mummy’s birthday, we told her. After your brother’s birthday. After Christmas. And when all that was done, we were on the count down. She wanted a party. She wanted a Peppa Pig cake. She wanted balloons. So who were we to argue?

Bellas balloon time birthday~ Ghostwritermummy.co.u

We were sent a Balloon Time kit to use to help us make Bella’s birthday celebration special, and I can honestly say that it really made the day. I have to admit to feeling a little apprehensive about filling my own balloons with helium, but when we picked up the kit we were assured it was easy to use and it turns out it was! According to the instructions, once the provided balloons are filled, they last around 4-6 hours, so we decided to test that theory. The photo above was taken around 11pm the night before… and the balloons were still afloat at 8am the next morning!  I have to admit to being thrilled about this- Bella’s face was a picture when she saw them!

We decided to inflate the rest of the balloons an hour before the party was due to begin. To use the helium canister, you simply hold the end of the balloon over the nozzle and push down. It’s that simple. 30 balloons were provided with the kit and the canister filled each one in under 5 minutes. Easy, quick and safe too.

Before the party started, we let Bella spend a while playing with the balloons, and I tied one to each of the party bags too.

Bella's #BalloonTime birthday~ Ghostwritermummy.co.uk

Then we gathered the whole lot into a bundle that served as the main source of fun for all the kids!

Bella's #BalloonTime birthday~ Ghostwritermummy.co.uk

Bella's #BalloonTime birthday~ Ghostwritermummy.co.uk

Bella's #BalloonTime birthday~ Ghostwritermummy.co.ukBella's #BalloonTime birthday~ Ghostwritermummy.co.uk

At the end of the party, the balloons were still afloat and not one had burst.

And the next day? Although the balloons were not as ‘lively’ as they had been the day before, they weren’t ready to give up yet! We took them out with us for a walk (my kids LOVE balloons) and they served as a lovely splash of colour on an otherwise dull day.

Bella's #BalloonTime birthday~ Ghostwritermummy.co.uk

Once the party had been cleared up and all remnants of celebration had been swept away, the balloons remained. On the floor, but plump still. All that was left to do was dispose of the helium canister. This cannot be refilled and must be recycled properly. Details can be found on the Balloon Time website and we found this to be a simple processe overall.

The verdict

We LOVED using Balloon Time! Ghostwriterdaddy preferred the helium balloons to the usual ones we get, because he hates them being under his feet. Visually, helium balloons are a lot more appealing, and we loved that it was so easy to use. I would definitely use Balloon Time again, but I think that I would buy some foil balloons to fill in place of the latex balloons that are provided. The kits themselves do state that foil balloons will last a lot longer than latex balloons, and although we were impressed with how well the balloons lasted, we did think it would have been better to be able to choose our own colours or balloon styles. That said, there were no complaints at all from the birthday girl and for just £22 (from Asda) the entire kit was a bargain too.

Balloon Time is easy to use, reasonably priced, and very effective. We were able to create a fun filled birthday party for our little princess, and we wouldn’t hesitate to use it again.

But do you know what was even better than all those balloons? Two little arms around my neck at bedtime and a little whispered “You’re my best friend, Mummy.”- nothing will beat that.

I’m working with BritMums and Balloon Time as part of the “Celebration Club”, highlighting inventive and fun ways of using balloons. I was provided with a Balloon Time helium kit and have been compensated for my time. All editorial and opinions are my own. Visit http://www.balloontime.com for more information and party inspiration.

15 Comments on Bella’s #BalloonTime birthday

1. Kim Carberry
    February 24, 2015 at 11:15 am (2 years ago)

I didn’t even know you could buy helium….I thought it was just a thing for shops to have….lol Doh! The balloons look fantastic and much better than one’s you just blow up yourself….
    Kim Carberry recently posted..Serenata Flowers Hamper – Review and Giveaway!My Profile

March 2, 2015 at 10:43 pm (2 years ago)

Neither dud I actually! x

2. Jacinta Zechariah
    February 24, 2015 at 11:21 am (2 years ago)

This looks like fun. I do love helium balloons as they look so much nicer. Only it’s a pain getting them into the car! I am due to be reviewing these too and looking forward to it. The children will be so excited.
    Jacinta Zechariah recently posted..Project #365 – Week 8 : Days 46 – 52My Profile

March 2, 2015 at 10:42 pm (2 years ago)

Ah yes, I never thought. We filled them at home so transporting them was no issue at all. Hope you like them! x

3. Colette B
    February 24, 2015 at 11:29 am (2 years ago)

We have the same conversation – Mummy’s birthday first then Daddy’s then yours.
    The balloons look fab, you’ve taken some gorgeous photos. Our lot have only recently discovered the joy of helium balloons!
    Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested this week :) x
    Colette B recently posted..Tried & Tested TuesdayMy Profile

March 2, 2015 at 10:42 pm (2 years ago)

Ah, its so hard for them to understand why everyone else has birthdays apart from them isn’t it? Now we get “Its not my birthday anymore!” x x

4. Stephanie
    February 24, 2015 at 1:04 pm (2 years ago)

Ahhh how cute were they, moments like that worth everything aren’t they. The balloons look lovely and make such a difference to a room. Hope she had a lovely birthday.
    Stephanie recently posted..Lighting for boys bedroomMy Profile

March 2, 2015 at 10:41 pm (2 years ago)

5. tracey at Mummyshire
    February 24, 2015 at 11:11 pm (2 years ago)

Oh, a hug and bedtime and knowing that your little ones are so happy is worth £22 and more!
    Balloons always make a party for little ones, and helium balloons at home I think are super special. The balloons look fantastic and value for money.
    My boy is having his birthday in June, and at 4yo it’s a lovely age where they can really appreciate the excitement of what’s to come. Glad you had a lovely time xx

February 25, 2015 at 9:43 pm (2 years ago)

Isn’t it just? Best birthday ever! x x

March 2, 2015 at 10:43 pm (2 years ago)

DEfintely. Hope your son has a lovely birthday too x x

February 25, 2015 at 9:43 pm (2 years ago)

Oh I hope you like it :) x x

6. HonestMum
    February 26, 2015 at 10:46 pm (2 years ago)

Happy birthday to your beautiful girl, I can’t believe she’s 3, what a gorgeous post, balloons make me so happy!
    HonestMum recently posted..Peter’s PortraitsMy Profile

March 2, 2015 at 10:41 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks lovely xx