Elsie Rose is five months old

Today Elsie Rose is five months and 3 days old.

Elsie Rose is five months old~ Ghostwritermummy.co.uk

We seem to be finding our rhythm a little better this month. More happy, easier days than not. Less tears, from us both. Less anxiety. And as we move into spring and we get out to walk with the pram more, darkness is lifting from all around and the whole of our world seems to be heaving a sigh of relief. We’ll be ok Elsie Rose.

Sleep is still not exactly happening, and in fact has not improved at all. We’re still pretty much in a newborn sleep phase- she can only really stay awake for 1.5 hours during the day before sleep in needed STRAIGHT AWAY. And she is still yet to sleep for longer than 3-4 hours at night. She feeds constantly, in part for comfort from reflux, and in part I think due to IUGR and needing to catch up.

At five months old she is 12lb2 which is more than fantastic. She’s following her line on the graphs and her consultant is pleased with her progress. It seems we got away lightly and for that I will always be thankful. Our precious Elsie Rose now fits into 3-6 month clothes and while small, she is certainly making her mark on the world.

Elsie Rose is 5 months old~ Ghostwritermummy.co.uk

Elsie is also starting to move. She learned how to roll from back to front last month, and since then has remained pretty static (despite some nifty leg and arm work) until this last week or so. You can pop her on her playmat and within minutes she is facing a different direction! Still so different to her siblings (who would all move across the room in minutes) but I am learning to accept that Elsie is different, and may always be a good few weeks behind in some things. But that’s ok. She is who she is, and she’s wonderful.

Elsie Rose is 5 months old~ Ghostwritermummy.co.uk

I’ve struggled with a few low moods this month; blaming sleep deprivation for this one. I don’t function well on limited sleep and some days I feel desolate at the thought of another night of broken sleep. But then she smiles. And that dimple shines. And she seeks me out of the busiest room, her eyes searching for mine and I know. I wouldn’t have life any other way.

Elsie Rose is five months old~ Ghostwritermummy.co.uk

I want to raise awareness of IUGR and birth trauma to help others like Elsie and I. I can do this with your vote in the Brilliance in Blogging awards. If we’ve inspired you, please consider voting for us in writer, family or inspire categories. Thank you!

Here is the form. My email address is ghostwritermummy@hotmail.co.uk

17 Comments on Elsie Rose is five months old

1. Notmyyearoff
    March 27, 2015 at 7:38 pm (1 year ago)

She sounds like she is thriving and doing so well.. Hopefully the longer sleep stretched will come very soon. The lack of sleep is making me a bit nervous now 😀 But I am such a crap sleeper after Z that I;m hoping it all comes very easily )hoho!

April 2, 2015 at 9:35 am (1 year ago)

Thanks lovely. I am sure she will get there. I’m a crap sleeper now too! x x

2. Louise
    March 28, 2015 at 9:25 am (1 year ago)

Sounds like Elsie-Rose is doing very well – those big smiles are just so adorable. Glad that you are finding a rhythm now and hope that you manage to get a little more sleep soon.
    Louise recently posted..Exploring Grandma’s gardenMy Profile

April 2, 2015 at 9:35 am (1 year ago)

3. Danielle
    March 28, 2015 at 10:19 am (1 year ago)

Wow I don’t think I could cope on that little sleep-mind you it is the little smiles etc that make all the hard work worth it. Love the personalised babygrow, she looks so cute, I am glad the lighter, brighter weather is helping too x
    Danielle recently posted..Green bean and radish warm salad with Peter Rabbit #TastytalesMy Profile

April 2, 2015 at 9:34 am (1 year ago)

April 2, 2015 at 9:34 am (1 year ago)

Haha thank you x x x

April 2, 2015 at 9:33 am (1 year ago)

Ah thank you! Yes the sleep deprivation is really hard isn’t it. But then you blink and its over and i know I’ll miss her being by my side x x x

4. Lindsay @ Newcastle Family Life
    March 30, 2015 at 8:41 pm (1 year ago)

She is gorgeous . The last five month’s have flown over as does not seem so long ago since she was born. She is doing so well, Jacob is not sleeping through the night either and wakes between 3-5 times per night for milk and he is seven months now xx
    Lindsay @ Newcastle Family Life recently posted..March DegustaboxMy Profile

April 2, 2015 at 9:33 am (1 year ago)

Ah thank you. It really has gone fast hasn’t it! I don’t expect sleep any time soon, and mostly that is ok!! x x

April 2, 2015 at 9:31 am (1 year ago)

Thanks lovely x x x

5. Helen at Casa Costello
    April 16, 2015 at 10:25 pm (1 year ago)

Ooh she is so adorable – How fast those 5 months have gone. Sorry I am so late commenting but I couldn’t let those lovely pictures go without saying hello. Looking forward to watching Elsie grow – she sounds like she’s amazing! x
    Helen at Casa Costello recently posted..The Final Countdown to Starting Primary SchoolMy Profile

April 20, 2015 at 8:58 pm (1 year ago)

Ah thank you! Its all flying by now, hard to believe! x x